Carbon does NOT require root. All Android users can use Carbon to backup and sync Android applications.
Carbon (Premium) - App Sync and Backup v126.96.36.199 APK lets you backup your apps and data to your SD card or cloud storage. With Carbon, you can sync app data from your other Android devices-- even if they are not on the same network. Set up backup schedules with Carbon, and never lose data again.
Install Carbon on Android
Root user? You're done!
Install and run Carbon Desktop (link below)
Windows users must install their Android drivers as well
Connect Android to computer.
You may need to set your USB Connection Mode to "PTP". (Nexus 7, Nexus 10, etc)
Carbon on Android should now be enabled.
Carbon (Free) features:
Backup and restore to SD card
Backup and restore from PC
Carbon (Premium) features:
Automatic Backup schedules
Android to Android sync
Cloud backup and restore
Carbon is NOT available to Motorola devices. This is because Motorola phones have a bug that break Android's backup mechanism. Until this is fixed by Motorola, Carbon will not work on those Androids.
What's in this version : (Updated : Feb 10, 2013)
- Fix Google Play tablet incompatibility bug
- New permissions are necessary for call log and sms backup
- SMS and Call Log support
- Crash fix
- Handle broken root.
- Handle missing external sd cards.
- Fix wifi/3g sync negotiation bug.
- External SD Card support
- Android sync works over wifi now, and allows APK sync
- Temple Run (and others) Fix: Restores now support external files directory
- Scheduled backups now notifies about any lock screen issues
- Detect desktop backup password errors
Required Android O/S : 4.0+
Download Carbon (Premium) - App Sync and Backup v188.8.131.52 APK here; Carbon (Premium) - App Sync and Backup v184.108.40.206 APK